Openherd Forum

Forum Home Feedback Questions about Click Stats Messages in this topic - RSS
|
7/23/2011 9:05:14 PM Permalink | |
rip55jcp
Posts 17
Are bots filtered out of the click stats that I see for my pages? Also, do you plan to add click stats for products that I have listed in my store?

Thanks...

--
Deepstep Creek Alpacas
Deepstep, GA
7/24/2011 12:39:39 AM Permalink | |
joe
Posts 54
Hi,

Yes bots and other website crawlers are filtered out of all Openherd member statistics. This is a good question because it is common practice with website-based services to give page view statistics that include all "hits," many of which can be from automated software, so that the numbers are not representative of the number of actual human beings (i.e. potential customers) viewing your pages.

For those reading this who aren't sure what this is all about, let me briefly explain: A "bot" is short for an internet robot. This is a piece of software that is programmed to crawl its way around websites cataloging and indexing web pages, either for search engines, or for other purposes. While these page "hits" can be useful to a member, in terms of being indexed by Google or other search engines, they don't represent a human being who has looked at your web page. That's why Openherd prefers to have slightly less "impressive" numbers but ones that represent real people looking at your pages.

Hope this helps!

Joe Preston
Openherd.com
7/25/2011 2:26:59 PM Permalink | |
rip55jcp
Posts 17
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info!! Does OH have any plans to add click stats for our Products pages? I know I can see the top 3 listings, but would love to see stats like I see for my animals that I have listed.

Thanks....

--
Deepstep Creek Alpacas
Deepstep, GA
7/25/2011 5:46:54 PM Permalink | |
joe
Posts 54
Hi,

Yes we are going to add statistics for products/services - sorry I didn't answer that previously. We already collect the clicks but just haven't added those to the statistics grid yet.

Joe Preston
Openherd.com
Page: 1
|
Forum Home Feedback Questions about Click Stats Top of page

Disclaimer: Users of this forum take sole responsibility for the content they post, the accuracy of their information and opinions expressed, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Openherd or its moderators. Openherd and its moderators reserve the right to edit, alter, or remove any content posted to the forum. Openherd also reserves the right to revoke a user's privilege to post content. No profanity, "flaming", derogatory comments, advertising, legal advice, voicing grievances, or other inappropriate content will be allowed.